There are several great options for online nutritionists on this list. Nashville Nutrition Partners is known for its weight-inclusive philosophy and personalized goal setting while Lemond nutrition is an excellent option for those who have a whole family to meal plan for.
No matter what your needs are though, Tepper Nutrition will likely have a plan for you. With readily available appointments, plans tailored to your goals and needs, and the ability to serve clients with food allergies or intolerances or food-based diseases, Tepper Nutrition is a great fit for nearly anyone looking to boost their nutritional health.
Guide for Choosing the Best Online Nutritionist
Should You Get an Online Nutritionist?
An online nutritionist is a good idea for people who want to improve their nutrition or food intake, and who need education and/or support to reach these goals. Seeking the support of an online nutritionist might also be helpful if you know you want something to change with your food intake or nutrition but don’t have a clear idea of how to do that, and need help to understand what works for you and what may need to change.
An online nutritionist will work with you to get there by creating an intuitive plan that you can follow from the comfort of your home. Often, online nutritionists have more flexible appointment availability than nutritionists that meet clients in person. This can help you get the support you want more quickly. All you’ll need to access your appointment with an online nutritionist is a computer, tablet, or phone, and an internet connection.
Choosing the Right Online Nutritionist for You
When choosing an online nutritionist, it’s important to ensure that the nutritionist you select meets your needs. You may want to consider:
- Cost: Choosing an online nutritionist that fits within your budget will help ensure you can meet with your nutritionists as much as you need to. Determine what your budget is and choose from a list of just those who you can afford.
- Appointment availability: As you check out different options, be sure to check when appointments are typically available. You’ll likely want to avoid choosing a company with a multi-month weight for appointments. Be sure the appointments available can fit within your work, family, and personal schedule.
- Philosophy: Not all online nutritionists think alike. Consider your goals, and how you want to achieve them, as you try to determine which online nutritionist is the best fit for you. Think about things like their approach to “treats” and intuitive eating, if they provide cultural recipes that may be important to you, and what they feel the “goal” of good nutrition is.
- Experience with food allergies or intolerances: If you have food allergies or intolerances, you’ll want a nutritionist that is well versed in helping people with allergies or an intolerance to eating a well-rounded, satisfying, nutritious diet.
Most online nutritionists offer a free consultation, so select a few you think might be a good fit and schedule your free call. Prepare a list of questions that will help you determine if they’re right for you and take notes as you talk. After you interview your options, make the choice that best aligns with your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Do Online Nutritionists Cost?
Online nutritionists range in cost between about $45 and $250 per session. Some online nutritionists accept insurance while others offer a sliding scale. To find out how much a session with an online nutritionist costs review their website or reach out directly to their office manager or scheduler.
How Can an Online Nutritionist Improve Your Health?
Online nutritionists can help improve your health in several ways. They may be able to help you manage chronic conditions or learn to live healthfully with food intolerances or allergies. Many people who seek the services of online nutritionists want to change their eating habits to include more nutrient-rich foods, increase their energy, boost their mood, and redefine their relationship with food, just to name a few.
Do Online Nutritionists Offer Meal Plans to Boost Fitness Goals?
Some online nutritionists offer specific meal plans while others offer education and support to help you create your meal plan. All well-qualified nutritionists will share information about the nutrient contents of different foods and educate their clients on how to create meals that will help them reach their goals.
What Do Online Nutritionists Offer?
Online nutritionists offer a range of services. These might include:
- One-on-one nutritional counseling
- Group nutritional counseling
- Weight loss counseling
- Support groups
- Meal planning
- Meal guides
- Classes and workshops
To find out what a specific online nutritionist offers, reach out directly to their office manager or scheduler.
We researched and evaluated more than 20 companies to find the best online nutritionists available online. When deciding which ones were the best, we considered factors like location, telehealth format, price point, insurance coverage, approach, and the counselor’s credentials and experience. Every program in this list is an established company that offers online nutrition counseling options that cater to a variety of different needs, including non-diet approaches, pediatric counseling, and integrative health.